I just found out that there is a good chance I will be placed for Student teaching in my brothers school district. My baby brother is almost 9 years younger than me, and if all goes to plan, I will be teaching him 9th grade global studies. That could be pretty awkward for him, so I'm kinda hoping I will be placed in a different school or at least not in his classroom.
We have a pretty big age gap but we are surprisingly close. I'll never forget the day I realized he wasnt a little kid anymore and he was pretty mature for his age. I had returned home from college, and as I walked in he was making my grandfather lunch, feeding him his medications, and washing the dishes. My grandparents moved in with us 4 years ago, and my grandfather had no control over his body due to a stroke. My parents, brother and I have been working very hard to make their last few years comfortable, including a 300,000 dollar handicap edition onto our house. I have never been more proud of my brother, and realized he (was) a very grown up 11 year old. (now 13).
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment