Thursday, February 18, 2010

Embracing bodily imperfections

I went to the gym today and I had to wait almost an hour to get on a treadmill. It's funny that the only people who were on the treadmill were young women. All of them were pretty small and thin and all I could think about is what are these girls doing here. They do not need to workout. When I told my friend that came with me she told me the exact same thing. She told me I do not need to work out. When she told me that I realize that girls focus too much on their little imperfections. I could admit to that completely. If we could focus on the things that we like about our bodies we would be able to forget about our flaws and live a happy life. It's a shame that women try so hard to lose two pounds when men do not care not one bit about their appearance. Yes men probably try to lose weight but it's never to the extent that women go to. Especially things like diet pills that could some time be harmful, women would do anything to get their ideal body shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment